Wednesday, February 8, 2012

More digital painting...

I have been unhappy with the sheer amount of politics that keeps coming up over and over again in my life.  Maybe it's a shallow view of the world, but I'd rather focus on the things that make me happy - art and creating and storytelling - without trying to have some sort of implicit message or trying to convince people of some political point or other.  It always seems to come back to politics for adults, though.  Sigh.

So instead of talking to people I painted this.

it's unfortunate because there were a lot of things I liked about this doodle, and a lot of things I hated.  I am feeling a little bit better about shading flesh, but I'm really unhappy with my awful attempt at armor in the bottom there.  And backgrounds.  Don't even get me started on backgrounds.  From now on all of my characters live in wispy, creepy voids.

No comments:

Post a Comment