Saturday, July 21, 2012

plodding away

well, despite some wrist troubles I am still hammering away at the comic anthology story I've got.  Page by page.

(The aforementioned wrist troubles!  My wrist brace, which I've also taken to calling my exoskeleton...) 

My pages!  They're taking up the entirety of the coffee table (alack and alas I've no studio to work in, nor desk to sit at.  My poor roommates have to deal with art crap everywhere)  

Below are some rough pencils for a few panels, trying to get things blocked in and ready to be inked.





Having this comic anthology thing going on has also given me the proverbial kick in the ass to actually work on the comic that's been lurking in my brain since 2009.  I've been mucking about in my sketchbook trying to nail down character designs for other people in the comic, but I've also blocked out a page spread for the main character, a kind of vaguely propaganda-poster-ish piece of work.  



It's now currently inked, but I have no idea how I'm going to color it (aside from her lenses, which happen to be sharpie).  

I still feel like I've got a long ways to go before I'm really happy with my work, but at least stuff is getting worked on!  Better than my usual summer malaise where I do nothing. Work!  Enjoyable work!  What is this?!  

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. Great lettering too. You are being productive because I think most of us are lagging on the anthology. It was good to see you yesterday and you should hang out with the group more often. Feeling behind, when I got home last night, I went to work at the drafting table until 5am. Ugh. Slept in today but it was a great feeling to work on art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Haha I plan to catch more of the hangouts - if I have enough notification ahead of time I usually try to make it. XD It's always really fun to hang out with people! The looming deadline is getting a little.... loom-y, but it'll work out. Especially if late night art nights become a thing XD although turning in a bit *before* 5am might help too haha.

    ReplyDelete